Takeshima Archives Portal

Top > Liancourt Rocks


Liancourt Rocks

(text omitted)
In February this year, the Ministry of Home Affairs decided that the island came under the jurisdiction of Shimane Prefecture for the first time and renamed it Takeshima (text omitted)

Related archives
Document title Liancourt Rocks
Date created (Western calendar) June 1, 1905
Date created (Japanese era) June 1, Meiji 38
Author(s) / Editor(s)
Publisher Yomiuri Shimbunsha
Name of publication Yomiuri Shimbun
Content An article reporting that the people of Shimane Prefecture have been using Liancourt Rocks (Takeshima) for the hunting of sea lions, that it was decided that the island would come under the jurisdiction of Shimane Prefecture and renamed Takeshima in February of the same year, and that Governor Matsunaga of Shimane Prefecture was proud that Takeshima became known to the world through the Battle of Tsushima.
Language Japanese
Public access Available to the public
Repository National Diet Library, Tokyo Main LibraryNew Window
Medium Paper
Copies 1 page
Reference No. t1905060100102
Reference & Information Follow the instruction at National Diet Library