Takeshima Archives Portal

Top > (Kō) General Affairs No.16 (Confidential report on applications for hunting in Takeshima)

Content

(Kō) General Affairs No.16 (Confidential report on applications for hunting in Takeshima)

With regard to applications for fishing permits, such as that of the person who submitted a request for lease of the whole island and an application for a sea lion hunting permit, it is known that a control law will inevitably be promulgated, and so nothing at all can be handled as of today. Moreover, the issue of whether or not to grant permission requires sufficient investigation, but for the time being I will forward only the documents with name seals added, and I hereby make a preliminary confidential report to request that you do not conduct any deliberations until that time when I will subsequently report in detail on my opinion as to whether or not to adopt, as a result of my investigation.

Document title (Kō) General Affairs No.16 (Confidential report on applications for hunting in Takeshima)
Date created (Western calendar) March 7, 1905
Date created (Japanese era) March 7, Meiji 38
Author(s) / Editor(s) Oki Island Government
Publisher Oki Island Government
Name of publication Takeshima
Content A document sent by the Governor of the Oki Islands to the Governor of Shimane Prefecture, who was authorized to issue sea lion hunting permits. It states that permit requests submitted until now would be tentatively forwarded, but adds a request that no decision should be made on permits until investigations in Oki are complete, because a fisheries control law had not yet been promulgated for Takeshima. A copy.
Language Japanese
Public access Open
Repository Shimane Prefecture Public Records Center (Japanese Only)New Window
Medium Paper
Copies 2 pages
Reference No. T1905030700101
How to access Follow the licensing procedure at Shimane Prefecture Public Records Center. A reproduction may be viewed in the Takeshima Reference Room.
Notes