Application for a Sea Lion Hunting Permit
- Name of fishery operation Sea lion hunting
- Fishing area Around Takeshima
- Structure of fishing gear and method of use
A normal gill net prepared using 7 sun (about 20.5 cm) mesh netting braided from 1-bu 5-rin (4.76mm) diameter hemp thread is spread at the location of a sea lion colony, the sea lions are caught in the mesh of the net and thus captured.
- Type of catch Sea lion
- Fishing season May to August
- Duration of permit years from June 1916 to May 1921
We hereby apply for a sea lion hunting permit as stated above, with a petition attached.